When I left off & stopped writing, we had just completed project baby. And what a project that was! Lola is now 3 and as stubborn and feisty as when she held on in my belly, determined to stick it out through what seemed to be impossible circumstances. She is super funny and super naughty. Can not imagine our lives without her or any part of her being even slightly different. Maddie is 11, with braces and a sweet & sassy pre-teen vibe. The separation that comes with adolescence is evident and yanks at my heart a bit while making me proud of the strong woman she is becoming.
I decided I wanted to keep track of another project. ME. I have let my health be a last priority for quite a while, continuing to put off what felt like a rather large undertaking. I had lots of excuses & reasons why it wasn’t the right time and for the good and the bad, gave myself and my body some grace after the emotional & physical traumas that were experienced. But then a few things happened. Lola turned 3, what? I am turning 40, double what? And in a short amount of time, some sweet mamas left this earth, way too soon. Leaving their children to go through the rest of the stories of their lives without their moms. It scared me. We never know what tomorrow will bring, but we better at least be making choices that give us as many tomorrows, as far as we can control. Right? So, hence project me. I am on month 2 of this journey and it has been wonderful and terrible. I want to remember it as I look forward. I have a long way to go. I want to share my failures, successes, frustrations, tips & story as I reach my goals, exposed below. I am sure there will be lots more of what got me here and details about how I am moving away from here. But this is where I will start.
- I will lose 100 pounds. (NEVER thought that would ever have to be one of my goals)
- My diet will consist of clean whole foods.
- I will exercise at least 5 days a week, burning at least 500 calories each time.
- I will limit my alcohol & caffeine.
- I will avoid all processed foods and added sugars.
- I will treat my anxiety with meditation, prayer, diet & exercise, but if it becomes overwhelming, I will seek a doctor’s advice.
- I will be proactive with treating myself and my family with vitamins, essential oils & probiotics.
- I will be joyful and grateful for each day.
- I will give myself grace when I fail.
- Then; I will pick myself up and start again.